giovedì 16 agosto 2007

American Holidays

Here we are, on the other side of the ocean...
We arrived in Boston and we stayed at the YWCA, which was a good choice couse it's near the old town center. So we had the chance to visit a bit of the town, also have dinner out, in the little time we stayed there.
The day after we returned to the airport, directed to the meeting point of the conference for the bus to Newport. The jetlag made a dirty trick! We confused Holiday Inn with Hilton... This H logo.... Fortunetly we realized in time and went to the right place. But now I can say I had lunch at Hilton (I've eaten my crackers in the hall while waiting...).
The trip to Newport has been longer than the need, 'couse we went also to Providence's airport to recollect other people. (I can say that I saw a bit of your origin, Kathy...). Arriving in Newport is very impressive! This nice bay full of boats... very romantic and Sunday evening's summer!
We stay at the Salve Regina University, where the conference is held. It's a nice place, close to the famous Cliff Walk and a few nice Mansions. I have enjoyed the Cliff Walk and the beach on the first day, while yesterday we went downtown to have a look at the harbour and to do some shopping (we bought Newport T-shirts). And today we did have real fun!!! We rented a 3 wheels scooter (that green thing in the picture below), it was very unconfortable, but that was obviously part of the fun. Usually we don't do this very turistic things... But this worth! We drived trough Ocean Ave, overlooking the Ocean and other beautiful mansions. Every hole in the street a jump inside our green trap...
Tomorrow we'll be our last day here, they've promised to serve us a lobster dinner... I'm very curious! Then Friday bus back to Boston and flight to Washington DC!

I have a question: how can you use dollars? how do you distinguish them? They're all green. I'm in big trouble!
Euros are easier and faster to recognize. They have colors. Different color for different amount.
Maybe I only need to get used to dollars...



5 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Pensa, io ho avuto per un anno una compagna di classe che veniva da Newport...

chicca2007 ha detto...

Questo Newport? in Rhode Island? pare che ce ne siano parecchi in usa. Figata...

Kathy Bray ha detto...

I'm glad you are ENjoying my home state! I only wish I could be there with you to have that lobster dinner. It's my favorite!

The dollars are easier than you think. They all have numbers on them, you know? 1, 5, 10, 20, etc. I think you'll be fine.

I wish you could see the east side of Providence where I grew up. It is where Brown University is and where my father taught. It is very old and beautiful...

How strange that you are at home and I am here in LA. :-(

Anonimo ha detto...

Si si, proprio quella Newport!

chicca2007 ha detto...

@zia petunia
wow... certo che il mondo e' piccolo...

@Kathy
I could'n see Providence, but I really liked Boston! It's very both english and irish... You'll love Ireland! We did a great trip there, drivin' around...